A couple of days ago I arrived home from a weeks holiday in Sydney. Ages ago Bec and I booked a holiday that started off with a couple of days shopping and culminated with the Hillsongs Women’s Conference, Colour. Overall it was a great holiday, shopping and Jesus, always a good combination. I’ve noticed some things about Sydney that I’d like to share.
1. Labels, labels, labels! There are fake labels everywhere in Sydney. I’ve seen them from time to time here in Brisbane, but they are seriously everywhere in Sydney. At markets, stores, Chanel, Versace and Dolce as far as the eye can see! Bad fakes, good fakes. We had a lot of fun shopping in the real stores though, and when you see the real prices (actually.. most fancy stores don’t show you the real prices, because when you’re rich you don’t care) and compare them with the fake prices, you’re really getting a bargain.
2. Sydney smells! I mean not everywhere, it didn’t smell inside of Jimmy Choo or Chanel, or Escada…. but almost everywhere else stinks. We’re walking through the markets.. it smells. We’re walking down the street.. it smells. We’re walking through Bondi.. it smells. Seriously, why does it smell so much in Sydney?
3. Sydney really is the place for the foreigners to reside. I actually think there are more foreigners in the CBD than there are original Sydney dwellers. By the end of the week I’d gotten quite good at deciphering foreign accents.
4. Sydney on a whole, is better looking. Females are better looking.. seriously, the amount of good looking women at Colour – WOO!! And let’s just say.. that the men in Sydney.. are better looking also. Maybe I just got used to the guys in Brisbane? Who knows.
5. The travel home from Sydney is a pain! We got charged like $50 in excess baggage.. although on the way down we had excess baggage and didn’t get charged. Bec got random drug tested.. which is a pain. Our plane got delayed by an hour.. and we had the bumpiest plane ride I’ve had in ages. Although that was kind of Brisbane’s fault.
Overally though.. it was a great trip. Filled with lots of good photos and even better memories. Maybe I’ll post some pictures later!
Sorry to the Syndey CBD and any proud Sydney fans.. but your city really does smell.