Liz and Josh gave me this book for my 21st birthday. Jane Austen’s Guide to Dating. It’s cute, I want to share some it with you.
Chapter One – If You Like Someone, Make It Clear That You Do
Henry & Catherine
In finding [Henry] irresistible, [Catherine] became so herself.
Lesson to be Learned – Enjoy the Moment
What Not to Do: Don’t Obsess Over Him
What to Do Instead: Let Him Please You
Marianne and Willoughby
‘To have resisted such attractions, to have withstood such tenderness! – Is there a man on earth who could have done it!’
Sense of Sensibility
Lesson to be Learned – Be Open and Easygoing
What Not to Do: Don’t Make Things Difficult
What to Do Instead: Trust Your Instincts
Elizabeth & Darcy; Jane & Bingley
‘In nine cases out of ten, a woman had better show more affection than she feels. Bingley likes your sister, undoubtedly; but he may never do more than like her, if she does not help him on.’
Pride & Prejudice
Lesson to be Learned – Don’t Make Snap Judgements
What Not to Do: Dont Narrow Your Options
What to Do Instead: Be Open-Minded
Tips for Telling if a Man Really Likes You
- He will ask you for dates in advance – though he may spontaneously call and ask you out for the same night, he will also plan ahead to schedule time you can spend together.
- When he kisses you, he will take your hand and kiss it, or give you an extra good-night kiss on the forehead – he’ll kiss you on the mouth, too, but his attentions to you will be romantic.
- He will remember things you told him about what you’ve been ding at work or socially, and ask you how they went.
- He won’t make you feel insecure; he will call when he says he will and turn up on time for your dates.
- He will make an effort with his appearance – on your dates he will be well dresses and groomed.
- He may well call or e-mail you after a date to say what a great time he had. This is one of the best signs of all that he likes you seriously!
- He will make you feel included in his life by telling you about his day, his friends and his interests.
I think it’s cute.