I’m one of those people that tend to believe that the world operates exactly the way I operate. So if I am not a morning person, why are other people? Either way, I’m trying to be better at waking up and having a more regular sleeping pattern now that I am no longer on holidays.
These are the things I think when I first wake up.
- Ugh. Was that the real alarm or did I just dream that the alarm went off?
- What things do I have on today? Should I do my hair? If not, I can definitely sleep for longer. I do my hair approximately 1 day of the week.
- Why did I watch that next episode of *insert any tv show name here*. It seemed worth it at the time, but clearly isn’t worth it now.
- Is it Saturday? I could have sworn I got to sleep in today.
- Do I feel sick? Do I feel tired enough that maybe it could be construed as sickness? I could then maybe justify a sick day.
- How long has it been since my last sick day? Gee, I’m a good employee. The amount of times I make it to work considering how I feel in the morning is impressive.
- Is it school holidays or a pupil free day? I can definitely sleep longer then.
- I wonder what is happening on social media at this hour. Instagram, facebook, twitter. Turns out, not a lot since 11.30pm last night.
- Did I dream about getting a message in the early hours of last night or was that for real? I can’t believe someone would message me at 12.30am.
- Oh crap. It’s been half an hour since that alarm first went off and I’m still in bed. Me and that Snooze button, besties.
The only thoughts I should really have.
- What a beautiful day.
- I’m so grateful and thankful for the shower I can have, the breakfast I can consume and that I even have a bed to drag myself out of.
- What a wonderfully fresh opportunity each new day brings.
I’m working on it.